And from Heather Clark at Christian News:
..In contrast to Obama, Republican candidate Mitt Romney does have a public position on the Scouts’ policy — he politely disagrees with it.
In 1994, during a political debate in Massachusetts, Romney said this: “I support the right of the Boy Scouts of America to decide what it wants to do on that issue. I feel that all people should be able to participate in the Boy Scouts regardless of their sexual orientation.”
A Romney spokeswoman, Andrea Saul, said in an email that this remains Romney’s position today.
"Mitt Romney also recently reiterated his support for homosexual adoption. This past May, in an interview with Neil Cavuto of Fox News, he explained that while he is against the concept of homosexual “marriage,” he does believe that homosexual couples should be able to adopt children."Links:
- As Eagle Scouts return medals, gay ban holds firm
- Mitt Romney Comes Out in Support of Homosexual Boy Scout Leaders, Members
- Mitt Romney Punts on Chick-fil-A: "Not part of my campaign"
- Mitt Romney hires openly gay spokeman
- Mitt Romney Told Catholic Hospitals to Administer Abortion Pills
- Vante Exec Bullies Chick-Fil-A Worker, Gets Fired
- The Sleeping Giant Awakens and Stands on Line for Chick-fil-A
- FNC's Shep Smith Slams 'Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day' As 'National Day of Intolerance'
- Cardinal George slams Chicago mayor’s comments on Chick-fil-A marriage flap
- No Building Permits for Opponent of Same-Sex Marriage
- A choice between Satan and Beelzebub