According to Catholics for Obama, President Obama will be an "honored guest" at the Alfred Smith Dinner.
"Catholic Right in Meltdown of Rage at Cardinal Dolan’s Invitationh/t to Diane
Judie Brown, a right wing activist has demanded that Catholic Charities, known for freely feeding whoever comes to them, give “no dinner for Obama.” According to Judie, “Cardinal Dolan’s invitation to Obama is an outrage.” Others have called Cardinal Dolan “scandalous” and the Right-wing and sometimes racist “Catholic Culture” website fears this will help continue the strong support the President has among many Catholics.
The reaction is further evidence that too much of the Catholic Right is based on hate and extremism.
The Archdiocese of New York has ignored and belittled the critics."
- Bishop Rene Gracida: Michael Voris Pierces the Veil Surrounding the Invitation of Obama to the Al Smith Dinner
- Oh, Puhleeeze! - Michael Voris
- Nancy Pelosi denied photo-op by Pope Benedict XVI
- Sign the Petition
- AONY Blog Response
- Al Smith Foundation Board of Directors
- Disinvite Obama
- Clear as MUD! (Obama Invited to Alfred Smith Dinner by Archdiocese of New York)