In summary: If it is a direct command to Satan in the name of Jesus, it is a true imprecatory exorcism for which an express mandate is needed from the local ordinary. If it is not a direct command to Satan in the name of Jesus, it is not an exorcism per se, though it can be called a deprecatory exorcism or intercessory exorcism, though that is not very precise language and only confuses the issues. One doesn’t need any permission to prayer to God for someone.
Those who want to muddy the waters almost always want to do true exorcisms even though they have no permission from the local Ordinary, even though they are not priests. These disobedient souls insist that only a “major”, “public”, “ancient”, “lengthy”, “printed and therefore official”, “Latin as opposed to ‘mere’ vernacular”, “‘serious’ as opposed to what happens in the prayer group” kind of exorcism is what is forbidden to them. They say that they can give direct commands to Satan, holding their hands over all and sundry, as long as, in their opinion, what they are doing is “minor”, “private”, “modern, even of their own composition”, “short”, “oral or at least unofficial in that it has not been put through a process of approval”, “vernacular”, “not so serious, just in a prayer group” kind of thing. This is ludicrous and plays right into the hands of Satan... (continued...)
- 01 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Mountain, Saint Michael, Malachi Martin
- 02 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Go to Confession!
- 03 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Have the possessed go to confession
- 04 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Don’t do an exorcism over a confessing penitent
- 05 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Rejoice in the Beatitudes!
- 06 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Figuring out terminology: Part I