That’s in Scripture, right? Yes. That’s an inspired account, right? Yes. Surely the Holy Spirit is instructing us about how Satan will always act when one lacks a mandate to exorcize, right? Wrong, wrong, wrong!
Makes rules of conduct for yourself, such as obeying the Church no matter. However, don’t make rules for Satan. Did he not say rather emphatically: “Non serviam! I will not serve!” ? Satan may very well not react this way every time. In fact, he may want one without authority over himself, one who is not an exorcist expressly mandated by the local Ordinary, to think he has such power. This creates a culture of seeming legitimacy of disobedience, whereby people rejoice not that their names are written in heaven, but that they have “power” over demons. Satan is better at arrogance than we are. He will win, every time, if this is the kind of thing people are doing. And many, many souls fall into this trap. Time and again. Belligerently... (continued...)
- 01 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Mountain, Saint Michael, Malachi Martin
- 02 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Go to Confession!
- 03 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Have the possessed go to confession
- 04 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Don’t do an exorcism over a confessing penitent
- 05 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Rejoice in the Beatitudes!
- 06 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – Figuring out terminology: Part I
- 7 Exorcism tips from Holy Souls Hermitage – More on terminology: Major and Minor