(StarWars.com) Whip up some yummy Wookiee cookies! Even Chewbacca can't resist chocolate chips. Ask an adult to help you cook up a few batches to eat or give as gifts. You can find this recipe and many more in The Star Wars Cookbook: Wookiee Cookies and Other Galactic Recipe from Chronicle Books.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Ask an adult to pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
2. Put the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir with the wooden spoon until well mixed. Set aside.
3. Put the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a bowl and mix until creamy with the wooden spoon. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop up a rounded tablespoon full of dough and drop onto a baking sheet. Repeat until you have used up all the dough. Be sure to leave about 1 inch between the cookies because they spread as they bake.
5. Using pot holders, have an adult put the baking sheets in the oven. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
6. Again, using pot holders, have an adult remove the baking sheets from the oven. Lift the cookies from the baking sheets with a spatula, and place on colling racks. Let cool completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.