(Church Militant) The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has once again stepped in and canceled another Medjugorje event.
Cardinal Gerhard Müller, Prefect of the CDF, prohibited a parish in Sestola, Italy from holding a prayer meeting scheduled for June 21 where Vicka Ivankovic-Mijatovic, one of the Medjugorje seers, was to offer her testimony and possibly have a vision. Vicka has attended the same event over the past two years and reportedly had visions during her time there.
Last year, Mueller had to remind two Italian dioceses they could not sponsor events for Medjugorje visionaries. In March, in light of a scheduled conference with Ivan Dragicevic at a parish in St. Louis, Missouri, Archbishop Robert Carlson issued the following statement:
I have received a request from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith to remind everyone that they are not to participate in events that promote the so-called visionaries of Medjugorje and in particular Mr. Ivan Dragicevic.And just last month, another scheduled event with Ivan Dragicevic in Padua was called off after Müller intervened.
It was in response to a speaking tour by Dragicevic in 2013 that the CDF issued a letter to be sent to every American diocese forbidding the faithful to participate in any events where "the credibility of such 'apparitions' would be taken for granted." The letter also reaffirmed the findings of the 1991 Yugoslavian Bishops' Conference, which concluded that "it is not possible to state that there were apparitions or supernatural revelations" at Medjugorje.
So far, the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has issued letters forbidding Medjugorje-themed events in the United States, Italy and Spain.
For our FAQ on Medjugorje, visit our resource page.
Watch Michael Voris' presentation on Medjugorje here.
- Medjugorje Restrictions Confirmed by Alleged Visionary Marija Pavlovic
- Pope Dismisses 'Visions' as Medjugorje Decision Nears
- Pope Francis: Don’t live your lives according to what seers tell you
- Medjugorje Ruling - "We are about to make decisions" says Pope Francis
- Days after Medjugorje comment, Pope downplays predictable visions
- Medjugorje "visionary" Vicka flinches while in "ecstasy" (video)
- Pope Francis: "Our Lady... is not a postmaster, sending messages every day"
- Medjugorje Warning From Archbishop Carlson
- Father George Rutler: Medjugorje cult "has become an industry from which many have made a lot of money"
- Father Mitch Pacwa: Lack of any Spiritual Depth to the Messages May be the Unraveling of Medjugorje