National Catholic Register) Pope Francis today met Cardinal Camillo Ruini who chairs the Medjugorje Commission.
Vatican spokesman Fr. Federico Lombardi wasn't able to disclose the reasons for the meeting, telling the Register that "naturally the contents of a private conversation are not subject to communication."
However, the vicar general emeritus of the Vicariate of Rome will most probably have discussed the commission's findings on Medjugorje which it submitted last week to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. After being examined by the CDF, a proposal will be made to the Holy Father who will have the final say.
The timeline for a decision is not known, although Cardinal Vinko Puljic of Sarajevo, who is also a member of the commission, said this week that he expected the Pope to rule on the authenticity of the apparitions by the end of this year.
The cardinal also said the commission is "not opposed to Medjugorje as a place of faith where faithful pilgrims gather."
- Medjugorje Madness with Michael Voris & E. Michael Jones
- Pope Francis: "Our Lady... is not a postmaster, sending messages every day"
- Father George Rutler: Medjugorje cult "has become an industry from which many have made a lot of money"
- Medjugorje - Clerics and Faithful Not Permitted to Take Credibility of "Apparitions" for Granted (CDF)
- Medjugorje "visionary" Vicka flinches while in "ecstasy" (video)
- Father Mitch Pacwa: Lack of any Spiritual Depth to the Messages May be the Unraveling of Medjugorje
- Our Lady of Medjugorje?: Very Serious Counter-Signs - By Father Jay Scott Newman
- What is Happening at Medjugorje?
- Medjugorje Commission to Present Final Report by End of 2012
- Medjugorje : "The pope wants a decisive conclusion made" - Father Salvatore Perrella, CDF Expert
- Medjugorje Commission Priest: Christian Who Bases His Faith in Apparitions is Not a Christian Adult, It's Not Mature